create trigger question

От Andreas Joppich
Тема create trigger question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

at work I´m using RDB 6.2. I can create triggers with the following
command:

AFTER UPDATE OF
       SIM_ICCV_L,
       SIM_ICCNR_L,
       START_DATUM_D,
       STAT_SEIT_D,
       PREISKLASSE_T
ON ent_TEILNEHMER REFERENCING OLD AS update_old NEW AS update_new
    ( UPDATE ent_TEILNEHMER t
        SET t.update_l = update_old.update_l + 1,
           t.insert_datum_d = cast(current_timestamp as date)
        WHERE ent_TEILNEHMER.dbkey = t.dbkey )
FOR EACH ROW;

or:

AFTER INSERT ON ent_TEILNEHMER
        (UPDATE ent_TEILNEHMER t
           SET t.update_l = 1,
               t.insert_datum_d = cast(current_timestamp as date)
               WHERE ent_TEILNEHMER.dbkey = t.dbkey)
FOR EACH ROW;

With postgresql 6.2 or 6.3 I must use a user defined function to get the
same result.

Will there be some enhancements to triggers to use the above syntax ? I
think,  RDB is more user friendly ( at least for trigger defintions)...

Bye
Andreas