Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 00:02, Yang Zhang <yanghatespam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thing is, this is how I got here:
>
> - ran complex query that does SELECT INTO.
> - that never terminated, so killed it and tried a simpler SELECT (the
> subject of this thread) from psql to see how long that would take.

You might have better luck if you paste the EXPLAIN ANALYZE of the
SELECT INTO here (Maybe a new thread? Maybe on -performance? use your
judgement...).  But I bet if its doing something with transactionid
like your straight select was, an index would help.  If you are just
using SELECT INTO to copy all of the data into a new table... COPY
might be faster or CREATE TABLE AS.