Re: 8.3.0 backend segfaults

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: 8.3.0 backend segfaults
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
FYI right now Im trying:

Author: tgl <tgl>
Date:   Sat Feb 2 22:26:17 2008 +0000

    Fix WaitOnLock() to ensure that the process's "waiting" flag is reset after
    erroring out of a wait.  We can use a PG_TRY block for this, but
add a comment
    explaining why it'd be a bad idea to use it for any other state cleanup.

    Back-patch to 8.2.  Prior releases had the same issue, but only with respect
    to the process title, which is likely to get reset almost immediately anyway
    after the transaction aborts, so it seems not worth changing them.  In 8.2
    and HEAD, the pg_stat_activity "waiting" flag could remain set incorrectly
    for a long time.

Which was just after 8.3 was stamped. Ill see if anything happens
tomorrow when the masses start using it again.  I will also try to
find a way to reproduce it.