Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016/12/20 12:59, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> Here are updated patches including the additional information.
>
> Thanks.  Committed 0001.  Will have to review the others when I'm less tired.

Thanks!

> BTW, elog() is only supposed to be used for can't happen error
> messages; when it is used, no translation is done.  So this is wrong:
>
>     if (skip_validate)
>         elog(NOTICE, "skipping scan to validate partition constraint");

You're right.  I was using it for debugging when I first wrote that code,
but then thought it would be better to eventually turn that into
ereport(INFO/NOTICE) for the final submission, which I missed to do. Sorry
about that.  Here's a patch.

Thanks,
Amit