Re: [HACKERS] alpha/64bit weirdness

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] alpha/64bit weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Why would the atttypmod affect anything before it in the struct?  I
> have verified that everything is shifted over for bytes, but that
> would lead be to beleive that somewhere the length of the first
> attribute (Oid) is being miscalculated?  Where would the code write to
> this data structure without using a pointer to actual struct for
> obtaining the correct memory structure?  I checked for offsetof macro
> calls that might cause this effect, to no avail.

Just speculating here, but I do know that the Alpha will force alignment
within structures. So, if the structure is filled by reading a byte stream
from a file, rather than filled field-by-field, it will misalign if it has
integers < 4 bytes. During the initialization phase, the backend probably does
not go through the file manager, but does some brute-force reading of each
file on disk.

                                         - Tom

Сообщение: Re: Glibc2 (was Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...)
Сообщение: Re: Glibc2 (was Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...)