Re: [HACKERS] text should be a blob field

От Goran Thyni
Тема Re: [HACKERS] text should be a blob field
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > make text a blob datatype (maybe storing <= 8k row with tuple, >=8k in blob
> > tablespace)
>
> Hmmm.

I know Informix has 2 BLOB-types "text" and "binary"
but I do not think we should change the meaning of keyword "text" too
much.

An idea to think about:
if text fits within a tuple make it varchar-alias (as it works now)
if text is larger make it a blob.

Or simply call text-BLOBs "textblob" of something like that.
What does SQL-92 say about BLOBs anyway?

    regards,
Göran Thyni, sysadm, JMS Bildbasen, Kiruna

Вложения