Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...  (ocie@paracel.com)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I just finally got a copy of that article in Linux Journal (wow, they even
> spelt my name right!)...I think the first paragraph, in itself, is most
> comical:
>
>         "...it is now developed similarly to Linux"
>
> Now, those that have been around here for *any* stretch of time know that
> we aren't even *remotely* close to the way that Linux is being developed,
> with those having suggested us doing that having it, I would imagine, dug
> in quite deeply :)
>
> Still have to read the whole article, but so far (other then that one
> "slight" in the first paragraph *bait material here*), it looks pretty
> good :)

It's OK Marc, us linux'ists weren't offended _too_ much by that quote :))

fwiw, I think he was drawing an analogy with the whole web/net thing, ya
know, as opposed to the floppy disk mailings you BSDers use *ducks head*

                                          - Tom