Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is the ix86/linux "confirmed" port using libc 5 or glibc 2.x (aka
> libc6)?  As most major distributions are going to release all new
> versions with glibc I think it's prudent to test on both "platforms"
> independently.

Yes, that is a good point. There is a known bug in the glibc2 math
library which breaks the date/time routines:

select '4 hours'::timespan;
---------
@ 4 hours
(1 row)

comes out instead as
tgl=> select '4 hours'::timespan;
@ 3 hours 59 mins 60.00 secs
(1 row)

Oliver was working on patches. Lost his e-mail message; is Oliver still
here? I've got a RH5.0 linux system at work now, and the shipped Postgres
installation has this problem. I'd like to see it fixed...

Bruce, can you add this to the v6.3 ToDo (assuming you agree to take it
on :)

                                                        - Tom