Re: [HACKERS] create function bug?

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] create function bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> is it safe to assume someone put this code in the wrong place (not in
> xlateSqlType so it would apply to all types)?  is the grammar the best
> place for this "type aliasing"?  would it be safe to modify the create
> function grammer to call xlateSqlType (so long as opaque does not get
> aliased to anything? ;)
> > > Using a snapshot from two days ago on a i586-pc-linux-gnu using
> > > linux-elf template: <snip>
> > > I can use the integer type in tables, but not in functions.  Is this a
> > > bug?

This behavior must have been in the code for a long time. Anyway, I'll fix it
for v6.3 (I have some other similar fixes for function names ready to commit
and I'll do both at the same time).

"integer" is translated into "int4" in the parser, to avoid having to
replicate the declarations for the support code. Specify the actual type name
and your declaration will work now.

                                                - Tom