Re: [HACKERS] Re: Re: [PORTS] the 'money' type

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Re: [PORTS] the 'money' type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > > I never did get around to that.  The code has some explanations.  There
> > > isn't really much.  You create a type as money and you can assign values
> > > such as '$123,456.78' (dollar sign optional) to it and it displays it
>
> ARRRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Another example where a nice feature has been
> introduced but not documented! THERE IS NO POINT in having features if
> people don't know how to use them.
>
> Is this now documented????

Hi Andrew. I've added a section on data types, including boolean and money, to
the new SGML-based docs which should be available for v6.3. Looking forward to
your comments (and patches?) :)

  http://alumni.caltech.edu/~lockhart/postgres/doc/html/index.sgml

                                             - Tom