Linux Journal article on PostgreSQL

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Linux Journal article on PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Got my Linux Journal today and the first featured article is entitled

  "PostgreSQL - The Linux of Databases"

Now scrappy, before you get bent out of joint, they mean this in a nice
way ;-)

The author is Rolf Herzog from Germany. It seems like a good article,
with a few factual errors but on the whole complimentary without
ignoring the weak points (yes Bruce, subselects are mentioned).

Mentions Marc by name and gets 6.5 pages of space (the longest article
in the magazine if you fudge counting a couple of others which have a
two page listing and lots of large graphics).

It runs through examples from src/tutorial and also calls out sequences,
triggers, defaults, constraints, and (I noticed this one :) the
date/time features as being helpful and noteworthy. Of the 5 items
mentioned as missing from the SQL capabilities, at least one (primary
key) and perhaps two (subselects) will be available in v6.3.

                                                       - Tom