Re: pgaccess 0.72

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: pgaccess 0.72
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Dave Bodenstab wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried pgaccess.  It's very nice -- I'm looking forward to trying
> a later version.  It looks like you're still working on it, so I've
> got some observations and questions.

Latest version 0.74 , Monday it will be available 0.75 but only 'Report
builder' has been enhanced.

> I use 100 dpi fonts, and I found that things don't display properly.
> I had to change (in a lot of places) all the fonts from ...-120-*-*...
> to ...-120-75-75-...  but now everything is small and difficult to read.
> Perhaps you could have a font preferences section, or even better,
> compute the height/width of the labels based on the font.

Very difficult !!!

> It would also be nice if for ``database open'', if there was a menu
> of all the existing databases.  Sort of like the ``\l'' command
> for psql.

I will take into account the suggestion !

> For the table viewer:
>
> It would also be nice if arrays were formatted somehow without the "'s --
> perhaps something like (c-style):  [1] value...
>                                    [2] value...
>                                    [3]                  (empty)
>                                    [4] value...

I will think about it!!!

> The ``sort field'' and ``filter contidions'' areas are a little
> small...  perhaps the visual query designer is intended to be used
> for more complicated queries...

Yes.

> I always get a row with all *'s at the bottom of a table.  Is this
> correct?

Yes, it's the 'new row' placement. If you will try to edit '*' that
means adding a new record.

> The visual query designer looks very nice.  Are you planning any
> documentation on how to use it effectively?

Yes.

> What is the ``add table'' button supposed to do for the visual
> designer?  Is it just an alternate way of hitting c/r after typing
> the table name?  Why not just pre-load all of the tables in a
> database?

In 0.74 version there is a drop-down list for picking up tables.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA