Re: [HACKERS] rollback varchar change

От Vadim B. Mikheev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] rollback varchar change
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have found that the varchar() change I made requires a new
> pg_attribute field, so I am rolling back the change until I get a fully

Please try some other way. As I remember, you said about breaking
vl_len into 2 parts - very nice for me, but I'd recommend to leave
varlena as is and add new structure - for compatibility and to allow
text (etc) be longer 2^16 someday (multi-representation feature).
Just like attlen -1 is used in many parts of code to flag varlena,
you could use -2 to flag new structure.

> working patch.

Vadim