Re: [HACKERS] I want to change libpq and libpgtcl for better handling of large query results

От Vadim B. Mikheev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] I want to change libpq and libpgtcl for better handling of large query results
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry, just to clear things:

> We were talking about some changes to the protocol. Perhaps, we could do
> something like changing it so it sends the result in blocks of tuples,
> rather than everything in one block. Then, in between each packet, an ACK

Backend sends tuples one by one - just after executor gets next tuple
from upper plan, backend sends this tuple to client-side.

> or CAN style packet could be sent to the backend, either asking for the
> next, or canceling the results.

Vadim

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres acl (fwd)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres acl (fwd)