Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')

От Vadim B. Mikheev
Тема Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')
Дата
Ответ на Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > I made all the error messages coming from the parser as ERROR, and
> > > non-parser messages as ABORT.  I think I will need to fine-tune the
> > > messages because I am sure I missed some messages that should be ERROR
> > > but are ABORT.  For example, utils/adt messages about improper data
> > > formats, is that an ERROR or an ABORT?
> >
> > Good question :)
> >
> > Following your way
> >
> > insert into X (an_int2_field) values (9999999999);
> >
> > should cause ERROR message, but
> >
> > insert into X (an_int2_field) select an_int4_field from Y;
>
> This generates an ERROR, because the parser catches the type mismatch.

Hm - this is just example, I could use casting here...

Vadim