Re: Unreproducible bug in snapshot import code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unreproducible bug in snapshot import code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> writes:
>     Starting from line 89 of terminal1.txt we see this snippet:

> postgres=# rollback;
> ROLLBACK
> postgres=# begin TRANSACTION ;
> BEGIN
> postgres=# set transaction snapshot '000002C8-1';
> ERROR:  SET TRANSACTION SNAPSHOT must be called before any query
> postgres=# rollback;
> ROLLBACK

>     As is evident from the rest of the lines in terminal1.txt, I have not
> been able to reproduce this error again; I tried even with a clean build of
> the sources.

Given the weird capitalization of the BEGIN command, I'm guessing that
you used tab-completion to enter it.  I wonder if this could have been
affected by the execution of some query in support of tab completion?
I couldn't reproduce it either on the basis of that guess, though.