Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am totally uninclined to mess with this stuff.  I am barely aware of
> what exactly is it doing; I don't have the slightest idea how to modify
> it to cancel autovacs.  Furthermore it sounds very much like a layering
> violation (what is deadlock.c doing with autovac processes anyway).

I think any fix for this at all is going to qualify as a layering
violation, so I'm not sure that that objection has merit.  I hear you on
the first point though.  I used to know how the deadlock checker worked,
let me see if I can swap that knowledge back in.

This change isn't going to make beta1 anyway ...