Re: Index corruption revealed after upgrade to 11.17, could date back to at least 11.12

От Ron
Тема Re: Index corruption revealed after upgrade to 11.17, could date back to at least 11.12
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/27/22 07:07, Kristjan Mustkivi wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 12:18 PM Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> wrote:
>> On 2022-10-27 10:55:31 +0300, Kristjan Mustkivi wrote:
>>> We use dockerized postgres.
>> So that means you aren't just replacing PostgreSQL, but your complete OS
>> (except the kernel). What is the source of your docker images? Do they
>> all use the same base OS distribution? Are the locale definitions the
>> same?
>>
>> (Just trying to rule other other possible error sources.)
> Hello!
>
> Up until 11.17, the source of the docker images was tag "postgres:11"
> (from https://hub.docker.com/_/postgres), for 11.17 the tag became
> "postgres:11-bullseye" but as far as i could tell it was just a
> difference of tagging policy there. Everything else is kept the same
> when building our custom docker image (with pg_cron, wal2json and
> oracle_fdw). But.. I can see for example, that the PG 11.12 docker
> image used Debian 9.13 (PG 11.17 uses Debian 11.5 according to
> /etc/debian_version). So the official docker images also upgrade the
> OS (which is expected I suppose).

Differing locales is a strong possibility.

От: Ravi Krishna
Сообщение: Lock: Speculative token
От: Bryn Llewellyn
Сообщение: Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all