Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)

От Pavel Raiskup
Тема Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Vladimir, I'm kindly reconstructing the way-too-much trimmed conversation in
this thread:

Vladimir wrote:
> Pavel R. wrote:
> > Vladimir wrote:

> > > Why do you need #495 change then?
> >
> > You are asking why we don't add waffle into Fedora?  The Windows specific
> > 'jar' files can't be distributed in Fedora, most probably neither built
> > from source on/for Fedora.  But please, substitute Fedora with any open
> > source GNU/Linux distribution,
>
> No. I am not.
>
> I am asking: "can you kindly provide a build log of a failed due to
> waffle build?"
> In other words, "a fedora build log before #495, and a fedora build
> log after #495 is merged in".
>
> Alternative: can you provide a test case that *fails* without #495?
>
> Unfortunately, current #495 has no tests behind. All tests pass
> without #495, thus the change does almost nothing.

Those questions sound much more concrete ;).  Pavel, can we provide failed
build logs or other info?  I've posted issues with maven in this thread [1],
I bet with waffle it is similar situation -- from quick look at Pavel's --
it looks he tries to make the waffle "optional" dependancy -- but I
haven't done review.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4027547.QFGZ3nUSVM@nb.usersys.redhat.com

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)
Сообщение: Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)