Re: Add pg_basetype() function to obtain a DOMAIN base type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add pg_basetype() function to obtain a DOMAIN base type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> writes:
> I noticed psql \dD didn't return the basetype of a domain.
> one of the usage of this feature would be in psql \dD.

Your 0002 will cause \dD to fail entirely against an older server.
I'm not necessarily against adding this info, but you can't just
ignore the expectations for psql \d commands:

 * Support for the various \d ("describe") commands.  Note that the current
 * expectation is that all functions in this file will succeed when working
 * with servers of versions 9.2 and up.  It's okay to omit irrelevant
 * information for an old server, but not to fail outright.  (But failing
 * against a pre-9.2 server is allowed.)

Сообщение: Re: Properly pathify the union planner
Сообщение: Re: Properly pathify the union planner