Re: Postgres not using indices defined on my table with certain queries using "in"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres not using indices defined on my table with certain queries using "in"
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"s anwar" <sanwar@gmail.com> writes:
> The two queries blow require radically different query times 1600ms vs 10ms:

Try not to be so fancy with a bunch of somewhat-overlapping partial indexes.
The planner is not so smart as you, and will not always be able to prove
to itself that it can use these indexes.  A single, non-partial index on
ock would perform at least as well as this hodgepodge.