Re: pg_dump fail to not dump public schema orders

От Adrien Nayrat
Тема Re: pg_dump fail to not dump public schema orders
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/29/20 3:56 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Friday, May 29, 2020, Adrien Nayrat <adrien.nayrat@anayrat.info
> <mailto:adrien.nayrat@anayrat.info>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I noticed pg_dump failed to not dump creation or comment commands for public
>     schema when we explicitly ask it to dump public schema.
>
>     Shorter example: pg_dump -n public dump will give:
>

>     [Create schema public....]
>

> As far as I can tell this is working as intended/documented.  The public schema
> doesn’t and doesn’t and shouldn’t get special treatment relative to any other
> user schema here.

I am not sure. See this comment from selectDumpableNamespace:

/*
 * The public schema is a strange beast that sits in a sort of
 * no-mans-land between being a system object and a user object.  We
 * don't want to dump creation or comment commands for it, because
 * that complicates matters for non-superuser use of pg_dump.  But we
 * should dump any ACL changes that have occurred for it, and of
 * course we should dump contained objects.
 */

FYI this behavior appeared with pg11. With pg10 you won't have "CREATE SCHEMA
public" orders.

Regards,