Re: Should we make Bitmapsets a kind of Node?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should we make Bitmapsets a kind of Node?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 09:23, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Now that commit f003a7522 did away with the partitioned_rels fields,
>> my original motivation for doing $SUBJECT is gone.  It might still be
>> worth doing, but I'm not planning to tackle it right now.

> I'm not sure if the misuse of Lists to store non-Node types should be
> all that surprising.

Well, as I tried to clarify upthread, it's only a problem if the list
is a subfield of a recognized Node type.  Random private data structures
can and do contain lists of $whatever.  But if you put something in a
Node type then you'd better be prepared to teach backend/nodes/*.c about
it.