Re: pgsql in shared lib

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql in shared lib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
> ivan <iv@psycho.pl> writes:
>> ist possible to compile postgres (after same small modification) to shared
>> so, or dll , and usr it like normal postgres , but without any server and
>> so on.

> Not without very major code changes.

... which are unlikely to happen, given the development community's
strong emphasis on reliability.  An embedded database is inherently less
reliable than a client/server one, since any application bug has the
potential to corrupt the database.  With client/server, at least we only
have to worry about our own bugs ;-)