Re: can't create index with 'dowcast' row

От marcelo Cortez
Тема Re: can't create index with 'dowcast' row
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry forgot to mention

later try

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX visit_idx ON visit_buffer(
id_session, id_story ,myextract(created_on));

best regards

> Louis
>
>  what if you create one "wrapper" function
> immutable?
>  some thing like this.
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION myextract(timestamp )
>   RETURNS date  AS
> $BODY$
> BEGIN
>   return extract(date from $1)   ;
> END;
> $BODY$
>   LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' IMMUTABLE
>
>  best regards
>  mdc
>

> --- Louis-David Mitterrand
> <vindex+lists-pgsql-general@apartia.org> escribió:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > To constraint unique'ness of my visitors to a 24h
> > periode I tried
> > created a index including the 'date' part of the
> > created_on timestamp:
> >
> >     CREATE UNIQUE INDEX visit_idx ON visit_buffer
> USING
> > btree (id_session,
> >     id_story, created_on::date);
> >
> >     psql:visit_pkey.sql:5: ERROR:  syntax error at or
> > near "::"
> >     LINE 1: ...buffer USING btree (id_session,
> > id_story, created_on::date);
> >
> > and this:
> >
> >     CREATE UNIQUE INDEX visit_idx ON visit_buffer
> USING
> > btree (id_session, id_story, extract(date from
> > created_on));
> >     psql:visit_pkey.sql:4: ERROR:  functions in index
> > expression must be marked IMMUTABLE
> >
> > How can I achieve what I am trying?
> >
> > Thanks,

>       Yahoo! Encuentros.
>
> Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el
> nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros

http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration

      Tarjeta de crédito Yahoo! de Banco Supervielle.
Solicitá tu nueva Tarjeta de crédito. De tu PC directo a tu casa. www.tuprimeratarjeta.com.ar