Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4027: backslash escaping notdisabled inplpgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4027: backslash escaping notdisabled inplpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Unless I'm missing something, plpgsql *already* effectively recognizes
> and respects the standard_conforming_strings GUC *except* as the last
> character of a conforming string literal within the procedure body,
> and then not always. Am I missing something here?

Yes --- I think you are confusing parsing of the string literal that
is the argument of CREATE FUNCTION with the parsing that the plpgsql
interpreter does on the function body once it gets it.  In particular,
this example:

create or replace function kjgtest() returns text language
plpgsql immutable as $$ begin return 'foo\'; end; $$;

fails regardless of the standard_conforming_strings setting, because
the plpgsql interpreter considers the backslash to escape the quote
regardless.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4027: backslash escaping notdisabled inplpgsql
Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4027: backslash escaping notdisabled inplpgsql