Re: Libpq on windows

От Phil Longstaff
Тема Re: Libpq on windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I need the include files as well so I can build against the library.

Phil

From: Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net>
To: Phil Longstaff <plongstaff@rogers.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:47:52 AM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Libpq on windows

Phil Longstaff wrote:
> On June 10, 2009 10:00:48 pm Andy Colson wrote:
>  > Phil Longstaff wrote:
>  > > I want to develop an app which uses libpq, built with mingw. Is there a
>  > > download package which contains just the include files/dlls? If not,
>  > > what package do I download? I don't need the server, just the client
>  > > libraries.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Phil
>  >
>  > If you dont mind all the ssl stuff (5 or 6 dll's worth) you can borrow
>  > the client from pgAdmin III.
>  >
>  > I, however, just build my own w/out the ssl stuff. There is no client
>  > only, but its really not hard, just download the full source, unpack,
>  > compile and then copy the libpq.dll out.
>  >
>  > If you want mine I could copy it out so you can download it.
>

> Thanks. How strict is pgsql about version matches (client to server). If I get your client, will it work with all 8.x versions of the server?

Not very.  I'm was using the 8.2 client to hit 8.2 and 8.3.  I just recompiled the client to 8.4 (in beta 1, just to make sure it compiles ok on mingw).  I'm currently using it to hit an 8.3 server.  I'm not using anything "advanced" though... just the basics and I'v never had a problem

> Is there a place on the postgresql.org website that I could request that they package the library (built, or just source) by itself?

dunno.  I saw a while ago on the newgroups someone asking about a "make client" for the source... but I think they just need someone to write it...

I put a copy of my dll here if you wanna try it out: (this was built with 8.4 beta1, and hits 8.3 just fine)

http://squeakycode.net/dn/libpq.dll

-Andy