JDBC Driver -- getImportedKeys

От Candis Thomas
Тема JDBC Driver -- getImportedKeys
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello all!,

I'm relatively new to the mailing list, but am indeed having a serious problem with a particular method when using the
postgreSQLJDBC driver.

I am attempting to obtain metadata about the columns within a table, more specifically the primary and foreign keys
withina table.  Though the DataBaseMetaData method getPrimaryKeys() executes splendidly, I am getting errors when using
thegetImportedKeys() method.  The code below attempts to determine whether or not a particular column is a foreign key.

The code that I am using is as follows:
    rs = getMetaData().getImportedKeys(null, null, getTableName());
    boolean keepLooking = false;
      if(rs != null){
        System.out.println("Resut not null, therefore there are imported keys");
        while(rs.next() && keepLooking){
          System.out.println("Inside 'rs.next()'");
        //Check to see if a particular column is a foreign key
          if(rs.getString("FKCOLUMN_NAME").equalsIgnoreCase(getColumnName())){
            setForeignKey(true);
        keepLooking = false;
        }
        }//end while
      }//if result set isn't null

The errors that I receive are detailed below (note the listed drivers were added to my classpath):
    postgreSQL driver 7.3.1 - java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -3
    postgreSQL jdbc driver 7.3.0 (jdbc 3.0) - java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -3

I am attempting to retrieve information on the following table with the following columns:
APPLIANCE
    Keyname             Unique     Primary     Field
    app_mac_address         Yes         No         app_mac_address_net
    app_mac_address_net_idx No         No         app_mac_address_net
    appliance_company_id_idx No         No         company_id
    appliance_pkey         Yes         Yes         appliance_id

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?  Is this the most recent combination of postgreSQL
driver/postgreSQLjdbc driver that I should use?  I'm really stumped by this issue and welcome any feedback that anyone
mayhave.

Thanks!

Candis