Re: BUG #17020: meta command psql _eset does not clear the query buffer

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17020: meta command psql _eset does not clear the query buffer
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> issuing a command like : SELECT * FROM generate_series (1, 1000);
> meta command \p shows the query buffer
> meta command \reset tells "Query buffer reset (cleared)."
> but meta command \p still shows the query buffer and meta command \g execute
> the query
> Is this the normal behavior ?

Yes.  \p is documented as

    Print the current query buffer to the standard output. If the current
    query buffer is empty, the most recently executed query is printed
    instead.

and \g likewise says "If the current query buffer is empty, the most
recently sent query is re-executed instead".

> It seems to me that the query buffer should be empty after issuing \reset

It is.  If you now type something, that something is a new command that's
not concatenated with what you typed before.