Re: Publishing 14 source snapshots?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Publishing 14 source snapshots?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 9/16/21 9:41 AM, Jacob Champion wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-09-16 at 09:12 -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> 14 is in Beta:
>
> Yep, we've been using those artifacts for now as a workaround. In our
> case, it'd be nice to have daily snapshots for the 14 stable branch

I knew there was an explanation for this, see here:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/snapshots/

"Beta and Release Candidate packages are built prior to the release of
new major versions of PostgreSQL. They are not built continually."

"Source code

Beta and Release Candidate tarballs are made available alongside the
release tarballs during the final phases of the development cycle of new
major versions of PostgreSQL.

Source code tarballs are built automatically every night on the official
PostgreSQL development server. The development snapshot is taken from
the head of the git repository, and includes the new features being
worked on for the next release. There are also "branch tip" snapshots
built from all supported stable branches, which contains all bugfixes
that are scheduled for the next release. "

> during beta, so that we don't have to keep updating our CIs as new
> betas/RCs drop. But if we just need to wait until the 14 release later
> this month, we can do that too.

You could go here:

https://github.com/postgres/postgres

and grab the REL_14_STABLE branch.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Publishing 14 source snapshots?
Сообщение: Re: Publishing 14 source snapshots?