Re: BUG #17615: Getting error while inserting records in the table: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17615: Getting error while inserting records in the table: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae
Дата
Ответ на BUG #17615: Getting error while inserting records in the table: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Ответы Re: BUG #17615: Getting error while inserting records in the table: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae  (Souvik Chatterjee <chatterjeesouvik.besu@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> Getting the below error while inserting records into the table:
> invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae

That is, in fact, an invalidly-encoded character per UTF8 rules,
so I see no reason to think there is any Postgres bug here.
What's more likely is that you haven't set client_encoding to
match the encoding of the data you're trying to insert.