Re: pg_dump and pg_restore

От Jayadevan M
Тема Re: pg_dump and pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> If I opt for pg_dump to create a .sql backup file or the –Fc format,
> is there is significant difference in the time it will take to restore?

Yes: with -Fc you can use the -j - Feature (pg_restore):

-j number-of-jobs, --jobs=number-of-jobs

tu run multiple table-inserts simultaneous.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:   "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressedand may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contactthe sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor
guaranteesthe accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is
notliable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."