Re: Major features for 9.1

От Joshua Berkus
Тема Re: Major features for 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Greg,

> Over the next month we'll have at least two people
> chugging away at making that targeted more toward beginners (or split
> into something that is).

Might I suggest something in the format of the Binary Replication Tutorial I started on the wiki?  I have plans to
updatethat for 9.1 and finish it, and of course would welcome expansion/help.

One thing I'm unexpectedly pleased about is that, after 1000 e-mails of design arguments, the Synch Rep we ended up
withis simple and easy to understand.  I was able to explain it in a LWN article in 200 words. How unlike this project.
;-)

I'm working with GoGrid on getting some PostgreSQL 9.1 Replication images up for use of all GoGrid users, as well.
Someoneelse could replicate my work at Rackspace and Amazon.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.