Re: VACUUM (INDEX_CLEANUP OFF) and GIN indexes

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: VACUUM (INDEX_CLEANUP OFF) and GIN indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Apr 25, 2023, at 09:35, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>
> It's skipped by VACUUM, but not by ANALYZE. So if you're using the
> reloption version of index_cleanup=off, it isn't necessarily going to
> stop autovacuum/autoanalyze from doing pending list cleanup.

Ugh, thanks.  I wasn't aware that it was flushed by ANALYZE as well.  The current algorithm for pending list flush is
kindof problematic in itself, because it relies on the highly optimistic assumption that the pending list won't grow
verymuch while the list is being flushed.