Re: Full statement logging problematic on larger machines?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Full statement logging problematic on larger machines?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Frank Joerdens <frank@joerdens.de> writes:
> Greetings. We're having trouble with full logging since we moved from
> an 8-core server with 16 GB memory to a machine with double that
> spec and I am wondering if this *should* be working or if there is a
> point on larger machines where logging and scheduling seeks of
> background writes - or something along those lines; it might be a
> theory - doesn't work together any more?

You didn't tell us anything interesting about *how* you are logging,
so it's hard to comment on this.  Are you just writing to stderr?
syslog?  using PG's built-in log capture process?  It would be good
to show all of your log-related postgresql.conf settings.