Re: Database Clustering on multiple harddisk

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: Database Clustering on multiple harddisk
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think you may be a little confused...

Last time I checked, Oracle RAC doesn't actualy support clustering the I/O, it's one Database backend with multiple instances on the front-end, which is only clustering the CPU bound part (it's also VERY expensive).

If by clustering you mean multiple seperate tablespaces, then Postgresql does support them.

If you mean RAID, then that is implemented by the HBA (host bus adapter), and is transparent to Postgresql.

If you are looking for replication, many people find Slony a good add-on.

Alex