Re: RAID 5 and postgresql

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: RAID 5 and postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I would suppliment this with just saying that your controller card is
your performance,
the only cards I've seen score well on linux, and people have
expressed on this list for SCSI are the LSI card, for SATA, LSI, 3ware
(now AMCC) and Areca claim good linux support and seem to work well.
Steer full clear of Adaptec, Dell and Compaq controllers, and their
linux support is abysmal, and the performance reflects that,
particularly in RAID 5.

Anyone have any experience with the IBM controllers who might comment
on those?  Are there any names I've missed?

Alex.