Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (
Дата
Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Just pick up a SCSI drive and a consumer ATA drive.

Feel their weight.

You don't have to look inside to tell the difference.

Alex

On 11/16/05, David Boreham <david_list@boreham.org> wrote:

>  I suggest you read this on the difference between enterprise/SCSI and
> desktop/IDE drives:
>
> http://www.seagate.com/content/docs/pdf/whitepaper/D2c_More_than_Interface_ATA_vs_SCSI_042003.pdf
>

>  This is exactly the kind of vendor propaganda I was talking about
>  and it proves my point quite well : that there's nothing specific relating
>  to reliability that is different between SCSI and SATA drives cited in that
> paper.
>  It does have a bunch of FUD such as 'oh yeah we do a lot more
>  drive characterization during manufacturing'.

Сообщение: Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (
Сообщение: Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (