Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Actualy to me, it seems like postgres is a perfect partner for MS Access.  Throw out Jet, and use Pgsql.  It's infinately better than Jet, so operating in a Win98 environment seems reasonable in this scenario.

I swear you could build a business just building MS Access apps on a Postgresql databases so that they can actualy _scale_ when a business grows.

Alex

On 10/13/05, Chris Travers <chris@travelamericas.com> wrote:
Alex Turner wrote:

> Support for windows 98 was infact extended to June 2006:
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean1

Right....

And it was extended again last year as it was supposed to extend this
last June, and Last June, etc.  We will see if it is not extended again....

But if you are running an production database on Windows 98 you have
bigger problems than support from Microsoft....

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting