Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
To be honest, I've yet to run across a SCSI configuration that can
touch the 3ware SATA controllers.  I have yet to see one top 80MB/sec,
let alone 180MB/sec read or write, which is why we moved _away_ from
SCSI.  I've seen Compaq, Dell and LSI controllers all do pathetically
badly on RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10.

35MB/sec for a three drive RAID 0 is not bad, it's appalling.  The
hardware manufacturer should be publicly embarassed for this kind of
speed.  A single U320 10k drive can do close to 70MB/sec sustained.

If someone can offer benchmarks to the contrary (particularly in
linux), I would be greatly interested.

Alex Turner
netEconomist