Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
1250/sec with record size average is 26 bytes
800/sec with record size average is 48 bytes.
250/sec with record size average is 618 bytes.

Data from pg_stats and our own job monitoring

System has four partitions, two raid 1s, a four disk RAID 10 and a six
disk RAID 10.
pg_xlog is on four disk RAID 10, database is on RAID 10.

Data is very spread out because database turnover time is very high,
so our performance is about double this with a fresh DB. (the data
half life is probably measurable in days or weeks).

Alex Turner
netEconomist

On Apr 1, 2005 1:06 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Just curious, but does anyone have an idea of what we are capable of?  I
> realize that size of record would affect things, as well as hardware, but
> if anyone has some ideas on max, with 'record size', that would be
> appreciated ...
>
> Thanks ...
>
> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?
Сообщение: Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?