Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Joe,
I appreciate your information, but it's not valid.  Most people don't
need RAC or table partitioning.  Many of the features in Oracle EE are
just not available in Postgresql at all, and many aren't available in
any version of SQL Server (table partitioning, bitmap indexes and
others).  If you want all the wiz-bang features, you have to pay the
wiz-bang price.  Just because Oracle reps are a little clueless
sometimes doesn't mean that the product pricing sucks.
The minimum user requirement for standard one is 5 users.  5*149=$745,
much less than half the price of a dual or single CPU config.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with Oracle, but Oracle is a
fine product, that is available for not alot of $$ if you are willing
to use a bit of elbow grease to learn how it works and don't need
enterprise features, which many other database product simply don't
have, or work very poorly.

Alex Turner
NetEconomist