Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: which dual-CPU hardware/OS is fastest for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Infact the cache hit ratio that Oracle suggests is the minimum good
value is 95%.  Anything below that is bad news.  The reason is pretty
obvious - RAM transfer speed is around 3.2G/sec these days, whilst
even the best array isn't going to give more than 400MB/sec, and
that's not even starting to talk about seek time.  anything below 90%
is not going to keep even the best disc hardware saturated.  I know
that our dataset is 99% cached, and therefore better CPUs/better RAM
has a huge impact on overall performance.

Alex Turner
NetEconomist