Re: Can I test Extended Query in core test framework

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can I test Extended Query in core test framework
Дата
Re: Can I test Extended Query in core test framework  (Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com> writes:
> I want to write some test cases with extended query in core test system.

Why?  (That is, what is it you need to test exactly?)

psql has no ability to issue extended queries AFAIR, so the normal
regression test scripts can't exercise this.  We haven't built anything
for it in the TAP infrastructure either.  We do have test coverage
via pgbench and ecpg, though I concede that's pretty indirect.

I recall someone (Andres, possibly) speculating about building a tool
specifically to exercise low-level protocol issues, but that hasn't
been done either.

None of these are necessarily germane to any particular test requirement,
which is why I'm wondering.  The JDBC fragment you show seems like it's
something that should be tested by, well, JDBC.  What's interesting about
it for any other client?