Re: Poor performance using CTE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Poor performance using CTE
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> If we're going to do it can we please come up with something more
> intuitive and much, much more documented than "OFFSET 0"? And if/when we
> do this we'll need to have big red warnings all over then release notes,
> since a lot of people I know will need to do some extensive remediation
> before moving to such a release.

The probability that we would actually *remove* that behavior of OFFSET
0 is not distinguishable from zero.  I'm not terribly excited about
having an alternate syntax to specify an optimization fence, but even
if we do create such a thing, there's no need to break the historical
usage.

Сообщение: Re: Poor performance using CTE
Сообщение: Re: Poor performance using CTE