[GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Love Your Database project — Thoughts on effectively handling constraints?

От Guyren Howe
Тема [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Love Your Database project — Thoughts on effectively handling constraints?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 16, 2016, at 16:52 , Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

The server already does deliver more-structured error data, although I confess
that I have no idea how to get at it in Ruby on Rails.  In psql the case
looks about like this:

Thanks for the advice. I’ve worked out how to get at the same information you showed (it’s available as PG::Result#error_field()). At this point, I just want to show that it is in principle possible to handle PG validations elegantly, so I can write this up and move on to the next thing.

The obvious thing to cover next I think is stored procedures. I think I will cover writing them in PgSQL and ECMAScript. Is there anything I should cover that your average web developer might not know about this that they should? Debugging stored procedures is one thing that comes to mind; I’ll take advice on that or anything else anyone thinks I should share.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Checking data checksums...
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Checking data checksums...