Re: Hot standby and removing VACUUM FULL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Hot standby and removing VACUUM FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> Well the only thing that's been discussed is having vacuum require a
> minimum age before considering a transaction visible to all to reduce
> the chance of conflicts on cleanup records.

[ shrug... ]  Call me Cassandra.  I am not concerned about what has or
has not been discussed.  I am concerned about what effects we are going
to be blindsided by, a few months from now when it is too late to
conveniently add a way to detect that the system is being run as an HS
master.  If we design it in, perhaps we won't need it --- but if we
design it out, we will need it.  You have heard of Finagle's law, no?