Re: copy command bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: copy command bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mary LaClair <mary@caliper.com> writes:
> The copy command fails to load a large csv file (>2GB) with a "Could not
> stat file" error.  This occurs on Windows with all versions since 10.7.
> It happens because fstat() on Windows fails with large csv files.

Yeah, that's a well-known problem.  It has been fixed in HEAD, cf
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=bed90759fcbcd72d4d06969eebab81e47326f9a2
and some follow-up patches.  But unfortunately that's too invasive
for a back-patch, since it causes an ABI break for everything using
"struct stat".  I don't think we'll be terribly interested in hacking
things to fix individual call sites instead, though.