Re: Why does autovacuum clean fewer rows than I expect?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why does autovacuum clean fewer rows than I expect?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nick Cabatoff <nick.cabatoff@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm having trouble making sense of the these two autovacuum log entries.
> I'm running PostgreSQL 8.4.

8.4.what?

It'd probably be a good idea to monitor the counts in pg_stat_all_tables
for the troublesome table(s).  I suspect there are a whole lot of HOT
updates going on in this table, which'd account for autoanalyze activity
happening even though autovacuum finds few dead tuples to remove.  That
still doesn't directly explain physical table bloat, but it might be
a piece of the puzzle.

Also, have you had any database crashes in between these autovacuums?
I'm wondering if the WAL-replay issue fixed in commits 6f2aead1f and
siblings could have produced the bloat.