Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Temporarily modify tsearch regression tests to suppress notice

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Temporarily modify tsearch regression tests to suppress notice
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> One possible real solution would be to tweak the dictionary APIs so
>> that the dictionaries can find out whether this is the first load during
>> a session, or a reload, and emit notices only in the first case.

> Yea, that would work too.  Or just throw an error for a stop word in the
> file and then you never get a reload (use "*" instead).

Hm, that's a thought --- it'd be a way to solve the problem without an
API change for dictionaries, which is something to avoid at this late
stage of the 8.3 cycle.  Come to think of it, does the ts_cache stuff
work properly when an error is thrown in dictionary load (ie, is the
cache entry left in a sane state)?